Java has been around a long time and was bought into existence in 1991. Sun microsystems brought Java to the public in 1995 and presently Oracle is managing Java. Java is one of the prominent language used to create web applications and technical platforms. Java has become a language of facts and practical knowledge. Fortune 500 organizations like: LinkedIn, Google, Amazon, Facebook and Apple rely mostly on Java. In a very short period Java has been incorporated into most often used web browsers. Java is used largely for developing Android applications. Java has a highly supported open source community. If you are still thinking why Java stands out, then you should look at different sectors in which Java is widely used.
- Retail: Billing applications that is used in a store/restaurant are written in Java.
- Android: Android apps are mostly written in JAVA.
- Financial services: JAVA is used in server-side applications.
- Big Data: Hadoop mainly uses JAVA
- Scientific and Research Community: JAVA is used to deal with huge amount of data.
- Banking: Transaction management is developed with JAVA
- Information Technology: Java is used in Artificial Intelligence and other dynamic technologies.
- Stock market: JAVA is used to write algorithms of company stocks.